Build a Raised Bed for Under $100 in An Afternoon
1. Get 4 boards - salvaged, untreated, composite, or cedar, a box of screws, a cross board, and a drill.
2. Cover the patch of ground you want to place your bed on with something to smother the grass. We recommend cardboard because worms love it and roots and grow through it.
3. Screw the boards together to cover the cardboard.
4. Fill the bed. Use leaves, compost, manure, or grass clippings.
5. Top the bed with an inch or two of top soil.
6. Sprinkle The Complete Organic Fertilizer over the top (covered in lesson 1) and plant!